In the News
Power Talk Interview
10/12/2014 Mark Carbonaro, Power Talk Radio talks with BCAG board members, Mary Surbridge and Michelle Slade.
Symbiotic Monterey County nonprofits help each other
By Dennis Taylor, Monterey County Herald
They are kindred spirits, women from two very different nonprofit groups focused on easing the burden of people in need. more
Your Support Helps Local Women With Breast Cancer!
Approximately 245 Monterey County residents are diagnosed with breast cancer each year. The diagnosis and treatment can seriously impact the lives of these local women and men and their families. The Breast Cancer Assistance Group of Monterey County (BCAG) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides financial support and educational resources in our community.
For more than 17 years, BCAG has awarded need-based grants for rent, utilities, transportation, food and other non-medical basic living expenses. Many breast cancer patients have inadequate or no medical insurance and find that they are unable to work during while under treatment. During fiscal year 2014-15, BCAG was able to award 59 grants totaling nearly $80,000.
You can help BCAG continue to provide this valuable assistance by participating in one or all of the following ways:
- Participate in a local fundraiser where proceeds go to BCAG.
- Provide a link to our website and simple application to those who might benefit from a special needs grant.
- Support BCAG by making a monetary donation as an annual or one-time supporter. Donations of $1000 or more will be acknowledged on our website's Wall of Honor.
- Host a fundraiser with BCAG as the recipient.
- Most important: Let others know that you support BCAG and our mission to assist those diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Sponsor a bowler or put together a team for our annual Bowl A Thon fundraiser ($50 sponsors 1 bowler; $300 for a team of 6).
- Donate raffle items for the Bowl A Thon silent auction.